Ekiti House of Assembly clears Commissioner’s nominees
The Ekiti State House of Assembly unanimously confirmed 14 commissioner-nominees presented to them by the State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.
The nominees were screened and confirmed by the House during the Thursday’s plenary, presided over by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Adeniran Alagbada.
The nominees include:
- Mr. Muyiwa Olumilua, Ikere LG
- Dr. Adio Afolayan, Efon LG
- Engr. Bamidele Faparusi, Gbonyin LG
- Mr. Sola Adebayo, Irepodun/Ifelodun LG
- Dr. (Mrs) Moji Yaya-Kolade, Oye LG
- Chief (Mrs) Moji Fafure, Ikole LG
- Mr. Emmanuel Foluso Daramola, Ekiti East LG
- Mr. Folorunso Olabode, llejemeje LG
- Mr. Gbenga Agbeyo, Ido/Osi LG
- Mr. Olusoga Davies, Moba LG
- Mr. Michael Awopetu, Ekiti South West LG
- Mr. Femi Ajayi, lse/Orun LG
- Alhaji Ayodele Jinadu, Ado LG
- Mr. Febisola Adewale, Emure LG
The Speaker urged them to ensure that they contribute their quota towards the development of the state.
Speaking to newsmen shortly after his confirmation, former House of Representatives member Engr. Bamidele Faparusi, from Gbonyin LG, said the new assignment will be a call to serve the people of the state.
“This is a call to serve the people, a call to support the realisation of the vision for development of Governor Kayode Fayemi in the state,” he said.
The house later adjourned sitting till Monday, April 8.